1. - Ink can be used for drawing, writing or painting
, anything you chose! You can use it with a brush, cartridge pens or drawing nibs, even a goose-quill will do!
2. - Ink can be water-soluble or, unlike watercolor, waterproof
. Once dried out, it stays where you left it, it doesn't run away from you!
3. - Ink can be watered down and used as washes, just like watercolor, but it can be used at full strength
, achieving more consistent results!
4. - Ink, when dried on paper, results in a very appealing velvety surface
5. - Ink is in many cases a lot cheaper
than watercolor, even school quality (very cheap) inks bring lovely and very satisfactory results.
6. - Inks are colorful
! Forget the black ink, you will be able to buy whole variety of colored inks. Also, you can mix them together to create many more colors & hues!
7. - White ink
is a perfect assistant in many other techniques, use it to create highlights and special effects!
8. - Ink does not stink
! Yet, avoid staining your clothes, you might have troubles getting rid of them...
9. - Available acrylic ink
can be even used on canvas!
Vote at our INK OR WATERCOLOR?
Previous articles:9 Reasons to PAINT WITH WATERCOLOR